[Qgis-user] Coordinates from wgs84 utm /expressed in meter) to wgs84 (expressed in degrees)

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Mar 19 15:44:16 PDT 2019

Hi,

I was at first quite confused by your question.

I don't know of any projection named WGS84-UTM, but i guess you mean
SOME WGS 84 / UTMĀ  projection. I think it's always best to "talk" in
EPSG codes, cause there are so many confusing terms around.

So, assuming you have e.g a point layer in EPSG 32632 (metric) and want
the coordinates calculated in the field calculator, but the result
should be in EPSG 4326 (degree), you can do:

for a new X column

|X( transform( $geometry, 'EPSG:32632', 'EPSG:4326')) |

and similar for a new Y column

|Y( transform( $geometry, 'EPSG:32632', 'EPSG:4326')) |

|in the field calculator.|

Answer found here:
https://gis.stackexchange.com/a/242259/8202

Cheers,