[Qgis-user] Rule-based styling: Why are all levels shown?

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Thu Mar 21 15:58:45 PDT 2019

Hi,

I seem to be a bit dumb.

I try to set up rule-based styling for point observations which I like
to break down for three columns.

"type": observation|catch
-- "status": unknown|juvenile|subadult|adult
----"gender": "unknown|male|female

In my understanding of a rule based styling of e.g. type = observation,
status = adult and gender = male, the symbol for male within adult
within observation should be shown exclusively.

Instead all three symbols for the type, the status and the gender are
displayed over each other.

I really seem to misunderstand the concept of those nested styles, cause
actually the do not nest, but happily pile over each other.

Glad for any hint,

Bernd