[Qgis-user] Rasterize from non-numeric fields

Chailloux Mathieu mathieu.chailloux at irstea.fr
Tue Mar 26 01:09:12 PDT 2019

Hi all,

Is there a way to rasterize a vector layer and burn values from a non-numeric fields ?

For instance let's say I have a land cover layer with a string description for each class.
I would like to rasterize such field without creating manually a new one.
I would imagine some feature generating integers for each class/value with such value/integer association and rasterized layer as outputs.

I guess some SQL request could do it but I would like to have it directly in QGIS.

Regards,
Mathieu