[Qgis-user] QGIS - PostGIS interaction - click on feature and update other layer based on related database items

SEGGIE Graeme gseggie at systra.com
Fri Mar 29 08:38:30 PDT 2019

Hello,

Is there a set of steps I can follow in QGIS and PostGIS in order to have QGIS act as an interactive frontend to data held in a PostGIS database? I can't quite find anything online to point me in the right direction, but by simple example I have some stops (bus) and associated timetable data stored. I can show the stops easily, but what I would like is to be able to click on a given stop and for an existing layer change (or new one be added) that shows the stops which are related to the selected one by a connecting route.

My initial thought is that I should have a second layer which is based on a dynamic query based on the selected stop. Maybe a table for results which is empty but on clicking on a stop, this is populated with routes associated with the stop and the QGIS view is refreshed to pick up the new content?

Can anyone get me started or point me at some docs that would get me going please?

Graeme Seggie

This message has been scanned for malware. This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the addressees, and may contain legally privileged information. Any unauthorised use or dissemination is prohibited. E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither our company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified.
Ce message a ete verifie et ne contient pas de programme malveillant. Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont confidentiels et susceptibles de contenir des informations couvertes par le secret professionnel. Ce message est etabli a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires. Toute utilisation ou diffusion non autorisee est interdite. Tout message electronique est susceptible d'alteration. Notre societe et ses filiales declinent toute responsabilite au titre de ce message s'il a ete altere, deforme falsifie.
This message has been scanned for malware. This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential, intended solely for the addressees, and may contain legally privileged information. Any unauthorised use or dissemination of the message or its contents is prohibited. The confidential or legally privileged nature of the information contained in the message is not waived, lost or destroyed if it is sent other than to the addressee. Use or dissemination of the information contained in the message, by a recipient other than the addressee, may cause commercial damage to either or both of the sender and the addressee. If you are not the addressee of this message, please contact the sender immediately and delete this message. All email communications to and from SYSTRA Limited are filtered and stored for risk management purposes in accordance with SYSTRA Limited’s policies and legal obligations. E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Neither our company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates shall be liable for the message if altered, changed or falsified. SYSTRA Limited is a company registered in England and Wales, (number 03383212). Registered office: 3rd Floor 5 Old Bailey, London, England, EC4M 7BA. Registered VAT number: GB1823826/95