[Qgis-user] CRS / reprojection problems

Matt Boyd mattslists at gmail.com
Wed May 22 17:05:45 PDT 2019

Sorry, I didn't describe the resolution in my email, just complained
quietly about something.

Somehow I'd loaded up epsg 4938, which is described as GDA94. I assumed
that was the geographic projection and it wasn't until later that I looked
at https://epsg.io/4938 and saw that it's got some odd projection going on.
I could see the meters in the projection but couldn't get past that I'd
selected GDA94. Now I dig into it a little more I can see that there's this
whole set of CRS under geocentric projections. I've either forgotten about
these or never knew.

The projection I meant to use was epsg 4283 GDA94 https://epsg.io/4283 .
Somehow in my project settings the default GDA94 projection which I've
always used had been superseded by the geocentric GDA94 and I didn't notice.

Thanks QGIS people.

Matt