[Qgis-user] upgraded 3.10 project, now it no longer zooms to point location, but works on new projects

Jason Carlson jason at starlandcounty.com
Mon Nov 4 08:43:52 PST 2019

Hi all, I've been using QGIS for just over a year now and exclusively since
about February as I didn't reinstall ArcGIS on my new computer at that time.

In QGIS 3.10 if I open a project (created in a different previous version
of QGIS ranging from 3.4 - 3.8) and then I:

   1. Open an attribute table of a layer that contains point geometry
   2. Select one of the records in that attribute table
   3. Click "Zoom Map to selected rows"

It puts me hundreds of miles off my map entirely (so a blank screen). This
only happens with records that have single point geom (if it is a line or
polygon it works fine).

If I remove the layer and re-add it back, the problem still exists.
However, if I create a brand new project in 3.10 and add that exact same
layer (all are stored in PostGIS database), the issue is not there and it
works as expected. So the issue seems to stem from old "working" projects
that are now opened in the newer version of QGIS.

Has anyone else seen this or something similar? Is there anyway of fixing
the project file without having to recreate it all from scratch so I can
use these in the new version of QGIS?

*Jason Carlson*

IT/GIS Administrator

*403.772.3793*