[Qgis-user] QGIS 3.4.2 & 3 still very slow to work in Windows 10

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 00:31:01 PST 2019

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 7:32 PM David Addy <davesgrandad at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just to update this issue. I am still getting slow start ups and qgis not
> responding freeze ups just as bad on QGIS 3.8.3.
> Every version since 3.4.1 have given these problems.
> I have gone through all the files from old versions that I could find and
> deleted them.
> I have tried new profiles, disabling plug ins and removing the browser
> panel.
> I have tried turning off my Kaspersky security software.
> None of these changes have made any significant difference.
> I realise that only a few of us experience these issues, but there must be
> an answer somewhere.

Hi David,
the answer is probably somewhere but someone has to spend some time working
on the issue to try find that answer.

The first step, where you can probably help is to find a way to reproduce
the problem on a developer's windows machine.

If you can find a way to reproduce it, please open a ticket on the QGIS
issues tracker attaching the step-by-step instructions to reproduce the
issue and all relevant test data and project.

Hope this helps.

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/QGIS-User-f4125267.html

Alessandro Pasotti