[Qgis-user] Handling a large number of raster layers with Qgis architectural limitations

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Mon Nov 18 11:36:40 PST 2019

Hi,

I ran into same problems when dealing with a few thousand files.  The idea was to load the very small shp files created by another process and then merge then.  I solved the problem by loading and merge it then I SAGA.  It generally loads everything into memory and probably does not keep a file handle once the file are open.  I believe this issue is created by Windows and not QGIS.  I remember being told to go on Linux as this maximum operating system file max can be modified with a script.

Nicolas