[Qgis-user] Experiences using QGIS + PostgreSQL/PostGIS in a multiuser environment?

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 03:13:47 PST 2019

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 11:58 AM Hernán De Angelis <dhdeangelis at comhem.se>
wrote:

> Thank you, Jan-Eric! Very good point. It is not redundant att all.
>
> Best
>
> Hernán
>

> On 2019-11-20 11:47, Jan-Eric Oskarsson wrote:
> > Hi Hernán!
> > Maybe this comment is redundant but you have to set up a strong security
> to prevent hackers to hack your database and steal your data and cause
> damage.
> > I hope uthat you already have thought about this issu!
> >
> > Kind Regards
> > Jan-Eric

I would recommend considering PKI for authentication, it works well on both
sides (QGIS and postgres) and it gives you military grade security.

Also, we've had pretty bad performances on Azure cloud deployments (see
Andreas comments about latency), but that's another story.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it