[Qgis-user] WMS ortho-imagery load-up crashes QGIS / takes computer offline

MTS Ecological mts.ecological at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 10:08:58 PST 2019

I am running QGIS 3.4.9 Madeira.  I'm getting a ton of crashes lately,
unlike any other version before, but recently on loading WMS ortho-imagery,
my internet connection is shut down entirely and I'm then then blocked from
internet access unless I restart the computer. Even then - I'm blocked from
getting back online sometimes several minutes or have to restart several
times to gain online access back.  This happens nearly every time I use
QGIS now on any given project.

Additionally, on loading any project, I often get a failure notice that
existing / saved streaming imagery in the project ( "failed to load
capabilities...")  and then no WMS streaming will work at all - have to
shut down QGIS then reload, often several times to get imagery back and
then get the issue above (kicked offline) nearly every time.

I'm running Windows 8 / 64bit and maybe I've loaded the wrong version or
have conflicting issues w/ previous versions or an incorrect install? I
lost a lot of plugins & settings on the 3.4.9 upgrade that took a while to
repair as well.  Have never had any issues like this until the new update
(and I realize a newer is available but I don't want to compound the probs
and I'm waiting).

Pardon the length here - can't find any similar issues anywhere here or
online.

--
Kevin Caldwell, Conservation Biologist
Mountains-to-Sea Ecological