[Qgis-user] Automatically force reload layer from source (geojson)

Olivier Dalang olivier.dalang at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 05:12:56 PST 2019

Dear list,

Currently, when I load a geojson into QGIS, and modify the geojson file
using an other software, the change isn't reflected in QGIS. The only way
to reflect the change is to re-add the layer, or to run
`iface.activeLayer().dataProvider().forceReload()` in the python console.

I see could find neither a button or menu to trigger a reload manually, nor
the option to do it automatically, nor a way to disable caching of such
layers (which anyway would be suitable for very small layers only).

Ideally, I was looking for an option like the "refresh layer at interval"
options from the layer properties>rendering dialog (that option seems to
just re-render the file, without reloading it, so that it doesn't work for
my purpose).

Thanks !

Olivier