[Qgis-user] Problems with setting network timeouts in QGIS

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Nov 28 10:13:14 PST 2019

Hi Lars,

I haven't seen your initial posts, but did you confirm that the WFS
GetFeature request actually runs when you do it manually, through your
browser?

A lot of times the timeout happens at the server end (and not at the
client/QGIS end).  Here is a test with the MapServer engine (not sure
what is driving your own WFS instance) :

For example, this will take a few minutes but will return all features
in your browser:
https://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/wfs?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=getfeature&TYPENAME=continents
  That confirms there is no timeout issue on the server end.

So then I started QGIS (an old 3.8 on this machine), zoomed out to world
extents and then added the 'continents' layers from that WFS service:
https://demo.mapserver.org/cgi-bin/wfs?

It took my local QGIS several minutes, or more, there was a nice
progress bar, but eventually all features loaded. (I have not modified
the ini file that you mentioned)

I am not sure where you see this 60second limit in QGIS.

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/