[Qgis-user] Another QGIS and WFS-T issue - timeout

Lars I. Nielsen, LIFA A/S lin at LIFA.DK
Wed Oct 30 03:57:01 PDT 2019

Hi list.

I have another issue with how QGIS handles WFS-T.

The correct WFS transaction is correctly posted to the server, but QGIS times out after 60 seconds before the transaction is finished, although the transaction continues to be processed on the server (!)

This yields a false error to the user.

I located a timeout setting of 60000 (60 secs, I assume) in Settings/Advanced under QGIS. I tried to change it to 20 minutes (1200000 msec), but QGIS never stored the value.

I then changed the timeout value in QGIS3.ini instead (to 1200000) and restarted QGIS. Now the value looked to be in order in the settings.

I then committed my long transaction, and QGIS _still_ times out, but now after just 100 seconds instead of 60.

What gives ?

Why doesn't QGIS respect the timeout value given to it, and why can't I change it via the GUI interface ?

Med venlig hilsen

Lars I. Nielsen, LIFA A/S
GIS-konsulent, FME Certified Professional
Geoinformatik
[Beskrivelse: C:\Users\lin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\signatures\284x82-3741133837051347070]

6313 6800

@

lin at lifa.dk

6313 6849

www.lifa.dk<http://www.lifa.dk>

2492 4866

CVR

20937289

[Beskrivelse: C:\Users\lin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\signatures\21x21-3019966288736195652]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/lifa-a-s/>
Følg os på LinkedIn og læs de seneste nyheder fra LIFA A/S