[Qgis-user] GeoTiff Viewer

Mike Flannigan mikeflan at att.net
Wed Oct 30 17:32:01 PDT 2019

I have been using Global Mapper on Windows
for 15+ years.  I am now on Linux Mint.

I want a simple viewer that can open multiple
Geo Tiff files (just 1 to 4 7.5' topos), copy
cursor coordinates to the clipboard, zoom to
coordinates passed to the program, and perhaps
measure linear distance.  Something simple and
fast.  For more complicated things I usually
use QGIS or GoogleMaps, or sometimes even Google
Earth.

I'm going to try OpenEV real soon.  The last
time I used it on Windows (10+ years ago) I did
not like it much, but it did work.

I welcome suggestions you may have.

Mike