[Qgis-user] banging my head against the QGIS wall

Tomas Straupis tomasstraupis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 00:01:51 PDT 2019

2019-09-14, št, 01:17 Tom Vogt rašė:
> My Apache config:
>     FcgidIOTimeout 120
>     FcgidInitialEnv LC_ALL "en_US.UTF-8"
>     FcgidInitialEnv PYTHONIOENCODING UTF-8
>     FcgidInitialEnv LANG "en_US.UTF-8"
>     FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_DEBUG 1
>     FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_SERVER_LOG_FILE /tmp/qgis-000.log
>     FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_SERVER_LOG_LEVEL 0

  My tests on Fedora show that following gives server logs (requests,
parameters, response times):

FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_SERVER_LOG_STDERR 1
FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_SERVER_LOG_LEVEL 0
FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_DEBUG 1

  Logs are written to /var/log/httpd/error_log. And if I add this:

FcgidInitialEnv QGIS_SERVER_LOG_FILE /tmp/qgis_server.log

  logging mentioned above stops.
  Could be that apache process is chrooted and therefore does not have
permission to write to such a log file. Don't know how to test that.

  However the method mentioned by Jorge works:

  1. Create a script with all FcgidInitialEnv taken from apache config
converted to export's like:
  export QGIS_SERVER_LOG_FILE=/tmp/qgis-000.log

  2. Add query string variable and project file:
  export QUERY_STRING="SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.3.0&REQUEST=GetCapabilities"
  export QGIS_PROJECT_FILE="/var/www/wms/oracle.qgs"

  3. execute qgis_mapserv.fcgi with debug on:
  export QGIS_DEBUG=9
  export QGIS_LOG_FILE=/tmp/qgis.log
 ./qgis_mapserv.fcgi

  This gives both server logs as well as debug information in separate
files. I just can't see what is being executed upon *second* request
to the server process (as some "initialisation queries" are definitely
skipped - requests are processed much faster).

--
Tomas