[Qgis-user] QGIS installation on Ubuntu 18.04

J. M jimimckay at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 09:44:00 PDT 2019

Hi again Andre,

Okay, I did add this line: deb https://qgis.org/debian bionic main  to
etc/apt/sources.list, but I didn't know you could include 'ubuntu' there, I
thought it had to read 'debian'. Interesting about the icon for editing
source packages; do you mean it's an application within Ubuntu? I
understood it had to be manual so I didn't look for it. What is it called?

I'll try modifying the package sources again and I'll update and upgrade
once it's installed, to see if that was all it was. Should I run 'sudo
apt-get remove qgis' and 'sudo apt-get purge qgis', or is there a neater
way of ensuring all QGIS and GRASS packages are removed?

Thanks a lot everyone, I'll get there...
Jimi.