[Qgis-user] use color codes, save a style

C Craig Farquhar ccfarquhar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 16:49:13 PDT 2019

I'm using QGIS Zanzibar (64 bit, standalone):

QGIS version

3.8.3-Zanzibar

QGIS code revision

685d8b15d2 <https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/commit/685d8b15d2>

Compiled against Qt

5.11.2

Running against Qt

5.11.2

Compiled against GDAL/OGR

2.4.1

Running against GDAL/OGR

2.4.1

Compiled against GEOS

3.7.2-CAPI-1.11.0

Running against GEOS

3.7.2-CAPI-1.11.0 b55d2125

PostgreSQL Client Version

10.8

SpatiaLite Version

4.3.0

QWT Version

6.1.3

QScintilla2 Version

2.10.8

Compiled against PROJ

5.2.0

Running against PROJ

Rel. 5.2.0, September 15th, 2018

OS Version

Windows 10 (10.0)

I appreciate this Open Source software but I encounter bugs all the time,
and frequent crashes.

Two issues I'm dealing with right now:

1) when copying the code (in this case, #1acb9f ) for a color I want in a
map of state with county outlines, it fills all counties but one (!!??!).
2)  I'm having great trouble trying to Save a Style, and make it work in
new maps (same geometry).  It seems to save OK but when I call it up from
Load Style in Symbology, it returns blank!  Nothing.

I may not have provided enough detail for assistance, but will be happy to
provide whatever is needed to help me through this..