[Qgis-user] use color codes, save a style

Renato Saboya rtsaboya at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 15:05:56 PDT 2019

Perhaps you should use the long term release (QGIS 3.4.x), since it is the
most stable version and therefore should give you less headaches with
crashes and bugs.

1. First, let's tackle the most obvious: Is it a categorized or simple
symbol map? If it is a simple map, isn't the state selected? If it is
categorized, isn't this state different than the others by the mapped
attribute? It's probably none of this options, but I thought they were
worth the try.
2. When you say "same geometry" I don't know if you mean the same shapefile
/ layer or you just mean that both are polygon, line or point layers.If it
is the latter, usually this happens when we apply the style to a similar
layer that doesn't have the exact same column name used to symbolize the
original one. QGIS searches for that column name and, not finding it,
returns nothing.

Best,
*Renato T. de Saboya*
Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina
Programa de Pós-Graduação em Arquitetura e Urbanismo (PósArq)
GP Urbanidades <http://urbanidades.sites.ufsc.br> | Orcid
<https://orcid.org/0000-0003-4631-1413> | ResearchGate
<http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Renato_Saboya>