[Qgis-user] Check Geometries: nice tool, but bad integration

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 05:41:18 PDT 2019

Hi Tobias,
thanks for raising issues here. The state of the geometry checking tools
indeed needs some work and rencetralisation of legacy tools.
Still, I suggest you take a look to this nice presentation we had in latest
FOSS4G
https://media.ccc.de/v/bucharest-322-the-secret-life-of-open-source-developers

I learnt quite of few things in it, especially about the GNU GPL licence
terms we all agree with when using QGIS.

I think raising issues in QGIS butracker, and work to find ressources to
make things change will be a faster strategy for you to solve your issue
that pushin pressures on the shoulders of probably unpaid benevolent.

And please note QGIS is not run by a big company that forces its choices to
you, but by users, which mean by the efforts of every contributor
everywhere in our world. This is why it changes so fast. But if you don't
try to tackle issues that blocking your workflows, please don't blame
others for not doing it for you.

Regards,
Régis