[Qgis-user] Check Geometries: nice tool, but bad integration

Tobias Wendorff tobias.wendorff at tu-dortmund.de
Mon Sep 30 12:32:36 PDT 2019

Dear Régis,

thanks for your words.

I'm DevOps for myself, not in an open source project, but I know the
adversity and I also have a life after work (LoL, no, I don't).

Financially it is not possible for me to support developers of FOSS. All
I can do is report bugs, suggest improvements, and distribute the
product. I've helped a lot of people move from commercial GIS systems to
QGIS and PostGIS and I think I've done a good job. If my words sometimes
sound too hard, it is only the case that I talk about them honestly and
openly. I've rung the bell several times to say that I like the tool
very much - but I wouldn't even have the slightest starting point to
help the developer.

Maybe we should think about a concept, LibreOffice uses: Either a user
delivers a patch or pays for the bug fix or feature. Croundfunding is
unfortunately still too expensive, otherwise some hundred people could
get together and pay $5 each. I don't think the concept of paid bugfixes
is bad at all - it also opens up a completely new branch of industry.

Best Regards,
Tobias