[Qgis-user] Disabling the layer availability check when opening QGIS project

Stewart Holt stewartbholt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 18:31:55 PDT 2020

I have occasionally had days at a time when the WMS servers I use are
extremely slow and thought that a good way to handle this would be to have
the connections tested or accessed in a separate thread and after a few
seconds mark the layer "not connected" using some visual flag and as they
are resolved the flag would go away. This would allow you to get on with
whatever you needed to do which often would not require a WMS layer
immediately. I do use WMTS almost exclusively when available.