[Qgis-user] Creating Rectangle Around Central Point

Michael Jabot Michael.Jabot at fredonia.edu
Tue Apr 7 03:54:17 PDT 2020

Good Morning

I am trying to create a square 1km X 1km around a central point that has
GPS coordinates.

I have tried every suggestion and plugin suggested but am struggling.

This is intended to be used with students as part of their science field
work once I figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Mike Jabot

*************************************

Michael Jabot, Ph.D.
SUNY Distinguished Professor, Science Education

US Partner - GLOBE Program

NASA Earth Ambassador

Director, Institute for Research in Science Teaching

Chancellor's Award Recipient for Excellence in Research
The State University of New York at Fredonia

716.320-0189 (Google Voice)

jabot at fredonia.edu

E250 Thompson Hall
280 Central Avenue