[Qgis-user] Where is the read me for MacOS installer referred to install 3.1.12 securely?

Headington Heritage headingheritage at outlook.com
Tue Apr 7 04:32:51 PDT 2020

Hi

I have just downloaded QGIS, MAC OS 3.12 and it fails to verify – “App can’t be opened because Apple can’t check it for Malicious Software”

The installation page states:

Mac Installer Packages for macOS El Capitan (10.11) and newer.

Installation instructions are in the Read Me on the disk image.

But there are about 20 Readmes , and going through these I cannot see one the describes how to do this, reluctant to just use generic methods to bypass the security.

Also, it took quite a while to get into the dmg image and open it to view contents.

Any help as to the safest way to install would appreciated!

Thanks

Mark

Headington Heritage, A personal blog

Visit  : www.headingtonheritage.org.uk<http://www.headingtonheritage.org.uk/>