[Qgis-user] Pavement defects Identification

Christoph Jung jagodki.cj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 05:18:23 PDT 2020

Hi,

My experienced in the field of road surface and condition survey is, that it is a very tough task to create a robust procedure. There are so many outliers and special situations. Because of this, many companies evaluate the raster images manually anymore. A state of the art method would be deep learning using a convolutional neural network. The Technical University Ilmenau (Germany) has a project group working on this topic with very good results.

If you have just a small area with big, easy detectable defects, than it could be possible using the semi automatic classification plugin mentioned before.

Sincerely,
Christoph