[Qgis-user] QGIS Server installation on Windows via XAMPP

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Apr 15 04:53:12 PDT 2020

On 4/15/20 1:40 PM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:

>> Is it an idea (feature request?) to let qgis_mapserver.exe spit out an
>> INFO-message line telling the user that "Started a minimal http-server
>> on localhost port 8000 for testing purposes" or so?
>> OR is the code itself not aware it is being ran as a standalone http dev
>> server at that moment?
>
> That's what it is supposed to do:
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/server/qgis_mapserver.cpp#L208
>
> I've no idea why you don't see it on windows.

Ok it is there, but just buried beneath all other output...
What about moving those lines to:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/server/qgis_mapserver.cpp#L241

(/me thinking server.initPython() is the line that gave me the output:
"INFO Server[178177]: No server python plugins are available"
So if the server is 'waiting' for connections it is actually showing
that info.

Happy to do a pr if you want :-)

Regards,

Richard