[Qgis-user] QGIS Server installation on Windows via XAMPP

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 04:58:08 PDT 2020

On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 1:53 PM Richard Duivenvoorde
<rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:

> On 4/15/20 1:40 PM, Alessandro Pasotti wrote:
>
> >> Is it an idea (feature request?) to let qgis_mapserver.exe spit out an
> >> INFO-message line telling the user that "Started a minimal http-server
> >> on localhost port 8000 for testing purposes" or so?
> >> OR is the code itself not aware it is being ran as a standalone http dev
> >> server at that moment?
> >
> > That's what it is supposed to do:
> > https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/server/qgis_mapserver.cpp#L208
> >
> > I've no idea why you don't see it on windows.
>
> Ok it is there, but just buried beneath all other output...
> What about moving those lines to:
>
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS/blob/master/src/server/qgis_mapserver.cpp#L241
>
> (/me thinking server.initPython() is the line that gave me the output:
> "INFO Server[178177]: No server python plugins are available"
> So if the server is 'waiting' for connections it is actually showing
> that info.
>
> Happy to do a pr if you want :-)

Yes please, sounds better.

But notice that there is actually a difference: all the debug info
goes to stderr, and the "listening" message goes to stdout.
You can actually silence all QGIS server internal debugging and
logging info by redirecting stderr to a file or /dev/null, you will
get only the output from the application which goes to stdout.

That was what I had in mind when I designed it.

--
Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it