[Qgis-user] re-distributing randomly points within an existing polygon file

Robert Sweeny rsweeny at mun.ca
Thu Apr 16 13:55:29 PDT 2020

I have 50k+ points representing all the heads of household in Montreal
in 1901, which I have linked to their specific lot, one of 20k+ built
lots in the city at the time. Many lots have large number of dots,
hotels and apartment buildings for example, while others frequently have
up to 15 on a single lot. Currently they are all grouped together, not
on top of each other, but almost. I would like to re-distribute them
evenly over the space of the lot, so they would be more visible. Any
suggestions on how I should proceed?

Thanks in advance

Robert Sweeny