[Qgis-user] Options when loading layers into PostGIS with DBManager

Bo Victor Thomsen bo.victor.thomsen at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 09:08:13 PDT 2020

Hi Michael -

All your questions are pertinent and needs to be redressed.

However one small personal nitpick: If I had a task involving importing
200 or more  layers into Postgres from some other data-source I would
never use DBManager import with it's manual point-and-click. That's
simply to risky

I would use a command-line tool OGR2OGR, which is  included in the QGIS
installation: https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/pg.html. It can be started
using the shortcut "OSGeo4W Shell" placed in the same program group as QGIS.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Bo Victor Thomsen