[Qgis-user] Primer about user management btw Postgis and QGIS

Bill Williamson bill at williamson.fm
Wed Apr 22 14:08:30 PDT 2020

Hello QGIS workers,

Could I ask if there is a guide to managing user's accessing of Postgis
data via QGIS?
I can successfully create and access new tables and schema as my own user
(not postgres). Then I use PGAdmin4 to create a new user (I test the login,
OK) and the grant wizard to give ALL to the new user, on the db, the
schema, and for surety the table.

But this new user cannot see the tables in QGIS (but can login and see the
schema).
PGAdmin4 Properties advises the privileges are in place.

I don't see that I can readily manage user access out of DBManager in QGIS,
or should I?

Snip of SQL from PGAdmin;

ALTER TABLE cadastre.bounds
    OWNER to me;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE cadastre.bounds TO "User1";
GRANT ALL ON TABLE cadastre.bounds TO me;

regards
bjw