[Qgis-user] documentation v 3.10 - PDF ?

karsten karsten at terragis.net
Thu Apr 23 14:28:02 PDT 2020

Dear Alexandre,

>>>  The documentation team decided to drop the PDF creation, because It was
a big overhead in the all process.
>>> The plan is to provide the HTML version in a zip package instead, but we
were not able to tackle that yet. We think the HTML package will replace the
PDF functionality, while providing another advantage. Having a local copy of
the HTML, one can set QGIS to use it as an alternative to online
documentation. That way, if you press a help button while offline, it will
redirect to you local copy.  >>>
Sure I can totally understand the problem that creating those PDFs being a
big overhead ...

>From a user perspective (at least personally ) I think PDFs are so much
better/ more efficient to use :)
( for example if there are both versions available I always would use the
PDFs only )

I guess it would be still posisble to download the docs from source and
compile the PDFs from there  - I might give it a try if I can find some
hours to spare ;)

Cheers
Karsten