[Qgis-user] documentation v 3.10 - PDF ?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Apr 23 23:25:51 PDT 2020

Hi all,
from my side, not producing PDFs by default has also an environmental
meaning: in my experience, PDFs "invite" users to print, whereas HTML
pushes towards screen reading. I have seen too many times hundred of
pages printed, to be quickly browsed here and there only once, and
becoming obsolete very soon.
Exactly what do you find impractical about reading from HTML? Perhaps we
can improve the readability, format, etc.
Cheers.

Il 23/04/20 23:28, karsten ha scritto:
> Dear Alexandre,

> was a big overhead in the all process.
> were not able to tackle that yet. We think the HTML package will replace
> the PDF functionality, while providing another advantage. Having a local
> copy of the HTML, one can set QGIS to use it as an alternative to online
> documentation. That way, if you press a help button while offline, it
> will redirect to you local copy.  >>>
> Sure I can totally understand the problem that creating those PDFs being
> a big overhead ...
>
> From a user perspective (at least personally ) I think PDFs are so much
> better/ more efficient to use :)
> ( for example if there are both versions available I always would use
> the PDFs only )
>
> I guess it would be still posisble to download the docs from source and
> compile the PDFs from there  - I might give it a try if I can find some
> hours to spare ;)
>
> Cheers
> Karsten
>
> A quinta, 23/04/2020, 19:26, karsten <karsten at terragis.net
> <mailto:karsten at terragis.net>> escreveu:
>
>     __
>     Dear all,
>
>     I have looked at the nice new documentation for QGIS v. 3.10 online
>     (HTML) but wanted to find the PDF versions which unfortunately I
>     could not locate so far (last ones I found are 3.4 ).
>     Can someone point me to the doc PDFs ?
>     or are there none available (unless I would install all the docs
>     source code and try to compile them myself as PDF ) ?
>
>     Thanks + Cheers
>     Karsten

Paolo Cavallini - QGIS.ORG Chair
www.faunalia.eu:
training, support, development on QGIS, PostGIS and more