[Qgis-user] User setup for PostGres/PostGis use with QGIS

Alessandro Pasotti apasotti at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 06:42:20 PDT 2020

Note that there is a little trick that might make things easier:
suppose you want to share a QGS project within an organization, by
using the QGIS authentication database you can create an
authentication configuration with a know ID  (the usually automatic 7
characters ID) and share the project withing your organization using
that authentication configuration to access the server, to load the
project (and to connect to the server) all what a user would need to
do is to create an authentication configuration with the same ID (but
with his/her own credentials).

We happily tested it with PKI user certificates on a postgis backend.

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 9:26 AM Michael Dufty
<MDufty at mbsenvironmental.com.au> wrote:

> Good point on the security, so far we’ve been relying on the server only being accessible from our network, but would be good to be able to open that up.
>
> Other than that would simultaneous uses of the same account be likely to cause issues.
>

> Michael Dufty

Alessandro Pasotti
w3:   www.itopen.it