[Qgis-user] Plugin repository availability for 2.x

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Fri Aug 7 13:36:45 PDT 2020

On 8/7/20 4:50 PM, David Hill wrote:
> The link below is fine, but Plugin Manager - Settings, reports the Status as unavailable yesterday and today, from our users at differing locations.

Mmm, I had to dig up an old Windows Laptop, to be able to startup 2.18 again...
(you are not running even older do you?).
I can NOT confirm here, with this 2.18 QGIS I could just connect to plugins.qgis.org and retrieve/install plugins.

If your browser is working and QGIS not, it is maybe because the browser picks up some (web) proxy you have in your network? In QGIS you have to set QGIS up to use such a proxy in Settings/Network, either use 'default proxy' or create 'http proxy' with the right url/port.

HTH

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde