[Qgis-user] QGIS rendering round (circle) polygons as diamonds, and cannot find reason or cure

Robert D. Bowers M.A. n4fbz at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Aug 7 10:19:30 PDT 2020

QGIS version 3.1.8
I have a shapefile I'm working with, showing the locations of a number
of what are called "post molds" - evidence that a post was put in the
ground there at one point.  I've drawn circles for each post mold, but
they're all rendering (showing) as diamonds - squares rotated 45
degrees.  Other shapes also are not rendering quite as smoothly as drawn
(freehand).

I cannot figure out what is causing this (the wrong shape for the
circles).  I can draw ellipses and they show up fine.  I'm really
reluctant to try to redraw any of the existing ones - there are several.

The map itself covered an area of about 50 meters by 50 meters.  The
circles are all in the 2-5 decimeter range (approximate).

Also, is it possible to re-size an existing polygon - for instance make
an ellipse larger than the original?

Thanks!

Bob