[Qgis-user] Problem installing QGIS on Ubuntu 20.04 - key authentification

Andrea Giudiceandrea andreaerdna at libero.it
Tue Aug 11 07:21:39 PDT 2020

evaroben wrote
> gpg: key F7E06F06199EF2F2: 1 Beglaubigung wegen fehlendem Schlüssel nicht
> geprüft
> gpg: Schlüssel F7E06F06199EF2F2: "QGIS Archive Automatic Signing Key
> (2020) <

> qgis-developer at .osgeo

> >" nicht geändert gpg: Anzahl
> insgesamt bearbeiteter Schlüssel: 1 gpg:              unverändert: 1"

Dear Eva,
"1 Beglaubigung wegen fehlendem Schlüssel nicht geprüft " (="1 signature not
checked due to a missing key") just means the imported gpg key with id
F7E06F06199EF2F2 has 1 signature non verifiable. This is not a problem and
you can ignore it and it does not prevent to correctly import the key into
the apt keyring. Moreover, the key F7E06F06199EF2F2 is already in your apt
keyring ("Schlüssel ... nicht geändert", "unverändert: 1"). You can check
this running "sudo apt-key list F7E06F06199EF2F2".

Anyway AFAIK this gpg key is only needed for the QGIS installation and
update process and is not related with your SSL protocol connection error.

Which QGIS version are you using? I suppose 3.14.1, isn't it?

I can connect to the WMS sever at
https://gibs.earthdata.nasa.gov/wms/epsg4326/best/wms.cgi using:
QGIS 3.14.0 on Windows 10
QGIS 3.14.1 on Ubuntu 18.04
QGIS 3.12.3 (Flatpak) on Ubuntu 20.04

but I cannot connect to the WMS sever using QGIS 3.14.0 on Ubuntu 20.04 as
you reported:

WMS PROVIDER
Failed to download capabilities:
Download of capabilities failed: SSL handshake failed

Instead i can connect to other WMS servers using https (e.g.
https://wms.cartografia.agenziaentrate.gov.it/inspire/wms/ows01.php) with
QGIS 3.14.0 on Ubuntu 20.04.

Could you please check if you can connect to other WMS servers using https
(e.g. https://wms.cartografia.agenziaentrate.gov.it/inspire/wms/ows01.php)?

It's probably worth reporting the bug on the qgis-developer ml or on GitHub
if other user can check if they can or cannot use that WMS server at
https://gibs.earthdata.nasa.gov/wms/epsg4326/best/wms.cgi.

Regards.

Andrea Giudiceandrea