[Qgis-user] layers not displayed in the layer window

Yoann QUENACH DE QUIVILLIC yquenach at itlink.fr
Fri Aug 28 06:18:22 PDT 2020

Oh you're right, my mistake. Here is a slightly modified version of the
function that relies on the QgsLayerTree instead of the QgsCanvas. This one
won't remove layers that are only unchecked in the layer tree.

def remove_odd_layers():
    project = QgsProject.instance()
    project_layers = project.mapLayers().values()
    tree_layers = [l.layer() for l in project.layerTreeRoot().findLayers()]
    for layer in project_layers:
        if layer not in tree_layers:
            project.removeMapLayer(layer)

Regards,