[Qgis-user] Live Mapping with QGIS on Toughbook

Nicolas Cadieux njacadieux.gitlab at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 07:31:21 PDT 2020

Daniel Green from Québec?

I would start by testing in a wide open field.  Is the problem with the GPS in the laptop or with the connection with QGIS?  If it’s the later, explain what you are doing and what versions of QGIS using.  If you only get a position with the wifi, maybe you don’t have an actual GPS chip.  Look at the computer specs.  Some tablettes (iPods also) and rare phone only use wifi for positioning and do not use an actual GPS chip.  Make sure you are not in airplane mode with antenna’s turned off.

Nicolas Cadieux
Ça va bien aller!