[Qgis-user] QGIS running on RDS server

Nicolas Cadieux nicolas.cadieux at archeotec.ca
Mon Feb 10 06:01:48 PST 2020

Hi,

I believe some calculations are, optionally, being ran using OpenCL if it’s available. You might want to keep than in mind.  Rendering has been accelerated using parallel processing on the cpu for a while now so using more than one cpu would be recommended.  I would allocate 8 to 16 GB of ram for large projects.  Personally, I would not run it in a virtual environment, specially if the files are not local.  You could probably get away with it for small projects.

Nicolas Cadieux