[Qgis-user] QGIS running on RDS server

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Feb 9 23:27:15 PST 2020

Hi Sandra,

Yes, we use QGIS on Windows 2016. It runs fine. Although not as an App-V
for now, but as a regular install. We would prefer to run it as an App-V
application.

No, you won't need special graphics card.

As to the third question: this is impossible to answer. It depends on
many factors, like how many parallel users you'll have on the server,
what data you are working on, etc.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

On 2020-02-10 03:33, Sandra Menares wrote:

> Hi Community,
>
> We are planning to install QGIS on a Remote Desktop Server using Windows 2016 server with Hyper-V.
>
> 1.       Does QGIS runs in a virtualized environment?
>
> 2.       Does the virtual host needs special graphics card, like ArcGIS does?  Like a NVDIA GRID card to pass through GPUs to the VM? https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/on-premises-overview.htm [1]
>
> 3.       What would be the minimum hardware requirements? CPU, RAM?
>
> Thanks so much in advanced.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Sandra Menares | Project Engineer
>
> Correct Solutions
>
> Unit 3, 7 Anella Ave, Castle Hill NSW 2154
>
> Ph:  +61 2 8831 8200 | Fax: +61 2 8831 8299
>
> Website [2] | Correct IT Blog [3] | Newsletter [4] | LinkedIn [5]

Links:
------
[1]
https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/get-started/on-premises-overview.htm