[Qgis-user] Scalebar issues on QGIS 3.10.2

David Addy davesgrandad at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 04:17:14 PST 2020

I am making maps using OSGB36 which is 27700 CRS. My issue comes when I use
the Print Layout option.
In one case the Print Layout simply did not draw a scalebar, but left a pair
of dotted lines on the layout. So I left it out.
In another case the scalebar was drawn but the scale of kilometres was
apparently ten times what I expected. Where I expected a box showing 10 and
20 km, it gave 100 and 200 km.
I use the  Windows 10 pre-built package and except for this issue QGIS
3.10.2 latest version works very well for me. I also use the latest OS
transformation as recommended by the system, which I had to download. I
wonder if this transform, which is said to be accurate to 1 metre (compared
to the old transform of 2 to 4 metre accuracy) is causing this issue.
Anybody else run into this, or have any suggestions or comments?