[Qgis-user] raster layer and vector layer ---> create 3D view from it

Larissa Junek l.junek at gmx.net
Thu Feb 13 05:30:48 PST 2020

Hello Saber,

in the meantime I used New York 3D data to check out the 3D view tool.
Using the hints of your blog I'm having

  * a Buildings_3D_Multipatch layer from a
    DA10_3D_Buildings_Multipatch.gdb (vector layer)
  * SRTM data N40W074.hgt (raster layer)

now.

Next steps:

  * the srtm data in the 3D view tool: Type = DEM (raster layer) ,
    Elevation = N40W074
  * single symbol setting in the 3D view properties of
    Buildings_3D_Multipatch

Using SRTM data this way doesn't help to depict the vectors in 3D (I
thought the srtm data have the function of a master). Do I have to
convert file formats?
I'm using QGIS 3.10.2 and win10.

Cheers, Larissa