[Qgis-user] raster layer and vector layer ---> create 3D view from it

Saber Razmjooei saber.razmjooei at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Thu Feb 13 08:43:43 PST 2020

Hi Larissa,

hmmm, the SRTM is not going to give a proper indication of elevation when
used in conjunction with buildings. The SRTM is very coarse dataset and it
will probably be flat for your extent. Have you considered having seperate
sections for 3d data visualisations, each with its own dataset. One section
could be vectors (there is quite a bit to cover there: points as 3d models,
3d lines and buildings), rasters (to cover terrain and probably mesh) and
another for creating animations and fly-overs.

I am available most of next week. Feel free to drop me an email
off-the-list and happy to show you in a webconferencing session how to use
those features.

Many thanks,
Saber

--