[Qgis-user] Editing Oracle table - can't add feature

Prud'homme Jérémie p.jeremie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 00:25:39 PST 2020

 Hi,

I have the spatial metadata in the both MDSYS.ALL_SDO_GEOM_METADATA and
USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA views.
The SRID is well retrieved by Qgis in the add Oracle layer menu. But when I
add the layer to the project QGIS tells me that the CRS is not defined (and
it takes the default one).

The other problem is on the primary key that is not retrieved in the add
Oracle layer menu at all.
I saw in your link that there are 2 functions about primary key :
determinePrimaryKey() and  determineAlwaysGeneratedKeys().
I don't really understand what means AlwaysGeneratedKeys but what I'm sure
about is that the request made in the function works if I run it in SQL
Developer (I get the column name of the primary key for the table 'X')
whereas the request in determinePrimaryKey can't as the table/view
all_tab_identity_cols doesn't exists in my database !

Jérémie.