[Qgis-user] Editing Oracle table - can't add feature

SPeillet sebastien.peillet at oslandia.com
Wed Feb 19 00:50:42 PST 2020

Hi,

I'm not sure to understand, did you invert "determineAlwaysGeneratedKeys"
and "determinePrimaryKey" in your last sentence ?
I guess that because all_tab_identity_cols table is only requested in
"determineAlwaysGeneratedKeys" function.

What is your version of Oracle ? Because all_tab_identity_cols table is a
feature since Oracle 12.1.0.2. It allow the use of IDENTITY type (a kind of
equivalent SERIAL type in postgresql).

But if you use a previous version of Oracle (and so the table doesn't
exist), it could be the cause of your problem. If the request fails, the
layer will be considered as invalid.

Can you confirm me that you're using a Oracle version under 12.1.0.2 ?