[Qgis-user] Zoom to Scale Plugin - Should we include it on qgis.org?

C Hamilton adenaculture at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 11:37:32 PST 2020

We have written a plugin that fixes the scale of the QGIS canvas to match
the integral size of EPSG:3857 map server tiles. This way there is no
degradation of the images by transformation. This has some similarities to
the QGIS 2 plugin called Tile Map Scale Plugin which was never updated for
QGIS 3.

This only works with EPSG:3857 projections. I wish I could figure out a way
to also match an EPSG:4326 tile cache to the canvas scale size, but I
cannot use the map scale to calculate this because it changes as you move
around.

Would you be interested in having this plugin added into the QGIS repo?
Unlike the Tile Map Scale Plugin ours only has a single toggle button to
lock or unlock the QGIS scale to one of the predefined scales.

Let me know what you think?

Thanks,

Calvin