[Qgis-user] [QGIS-Developer] Zoom to Scale Plugin - Should we include it on qgis.org?

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Thu Feb 20 11:58:32 PST 2020

Hi Chris,

One year ago I proposed the following: a tree embedded widget to be used
for WMS/WMTS layers. It uses the functionality which is in the Juergens
Tile Scale Panel:

http://www.qgis.nl/2019/02/14/about-layer-tree-embedded-widgets-and-have-your-wmts-always-crispy-sharp/?lang=en

Probably you mean something else? As it is not resizing the servertiles,
but 'clicking' to the right scales (coming from the capability
documents) of the active layer.

If you mean plugins.qgis.org when you talk 'adding it to the repo' I
would say yes! Why not?
If you say add it by default to QGIS, I'd say: let's first see and check
it out as plugin :-)
Also (see discussion about resources plugin) adding python plugins to
QGIS installs has some drawbacks.

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde