[Qgis-user] Transformations & Projections

glarivie . glarivie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 03:59:36 PST 2020

Hello,

I'm pretty new to QGis, so I'm sure this is basic but I was hoping someone
could walk me through this using version 3.4. I have csv data that's in
both WGS84 and NAD83. The desired end-projection is EPSG: 6350 NAD83(2011)
Conus Albers. I've loaded each into a blank QGis project (separately) and
saved as shapefiles in the target CRS. I then need to perform some
interpolations using the data.

My question is, have I missed a step? Do I need to perform a separate step
to transform the datum (particularly the WGS84 data). Since 3.4 uses PROJ
5.2, I was assuming that the step where I "save as" in the target CRS takes
care of both the datum transformation and the projection. Is this
assumption correct? If so, what default transformation is taking place and
is there a way for me to determine what it is?

Thanks so much for your help! I'm, unfortunately, a little stumped here.