[Qgis-user] Transformations & Projections

Kirk Schmidt kirk at nortekresources.com
Wed Feb 26 06:57:50 PST 2020

Hello Glarivie:

I just did a quick test to convert from NAD83 to Conus albers. When yous
elect your CRS for the exported data, the converston parameters are
shown at the bottom of the CRS selector window.  In my case :

Extent: -124.79, 24.41, -66.91, 49.38

Proj4: +proj=aea +lat_1=29.5 +lat_2=45.5 +lat_0=23 +lon_0=-96 +x_0=0
+y_0=0 +ellps=GRS80 +units=m +no_defs

This shows you the bounds of the new CRS as well as the default
ellipsoid for Conus Albers.  I  this case there is no scaling (k=0) and
no false eastings or northings applied.

I hope this helps.

--
Kirk Schmidt, MScF, BScF, RPF