[Qgis-user] QGIS uninstalled after GDAL PPA install

Ismail Sunni imajimatika at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 07:57:26 PST 2020

Hi Jimi,

Since I have more or less the same problem, I did like this:

   1. Set to use the ubuntu repo in your APT:
   deb https://qgis.org/ubuntu bionic main
   deb-src https://qgis.org/ubuntu bionic main
   2. Try to install QGIS or any packages that you need.
   3. If you get the `The following packages have unmet dependencies.`
   problem, just remove the package. For example in your case `libgdal20`
   (sudo apt remove libgdal20).
   4. If the package is not found, try to find the package name, for
   example by using `dpkg -l | grep gdal`. Remove the packages.
   5. Try again to install your package (from step 2), see if the problem
   persists.

In my case, I got this The following packages have unmet dependencies when
I want to install QGIS, then QGIS requirement for building from source. I
got missing saga-common, gdalabi, and libopencv-calib3d3.2.

I did the steps above, and now it works fine.

Basically, what I understand is, there is a problem in the package, so
remove it, and the package manager will re-install it while you are
installing QGIS. CMIIW.

I hope it helps.

Best regards.

Ismail Sunni