[Qgis-user] QGIS uninstalled after GDAL PPA install

J. M jimimckay at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 11:48:31 PST 2020

Hi Andre,

Okay thanks once again... I'll have a go, though I'm not sure how to remove
them. Would it be 'sudo apt-get remove gdal-bin' or does it need 'sudo
apt-get remove gdal-bin 3.0.2+dfsg-1~bionic2'? I ask because I don't know
if gdal-bin is something generic used elsewhere and I have to denominate
that. As I don't really understand what those files are, I'm wary of
removing them without being sure of the syntax first. Can I be sure they
aren't needed for another program, for example Blender?

So once those four files are removed I can try sudo apt-get install
libgdal20=2.2.3+dfsg-2 again? And once I have libgdal20 installed then I
can run sudo apt-get install qgis qgis-plugin-grass python3-qgis? If I'm
missing anything else then please let me know..

Cheers,
Jimi.